Think, think, think. One of Napoleon Hill’s more famous quotes is this one: “Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, the mind can achieve.”
I love this book, Think and Grow Rich. Why do I love it so much? It helps people get really clear on what they want and how to go get it.
I’ll summarize a few thoughts from the book. My hope is this will help you in your home based or direct sales business:
- Desire is a must to achieve. You must want something bad enough that you are willing to focus and put all your attention and energy on it for a certain amount of time. Getting really clear on what is most important to you is something most of us, including me, could do better.
- Belief is mandatory. You must believe and have the faith that you could do the thing you want to do. Henry Ford was right when he said, “Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you are right”. Your mind and ability to believe in yourself is crucial. This book helps you understand how to do it.
- Autosuggestion works. Whether it is you stating affirmations, listening to recordings, teachings or reading, the mind does not know the difference between real and perceived so it is important to guard closely what you are putting into it.
- Specialized Knowledge is a must. Knowledge itself does not attract money. It is only if knowledge is applied that others can not do, that you put yourself in a position of power and can easily attract monies for your specialized knowledge.
- This is my favorite thought – the ability to imagine. Do you ever let your mind run away with itself? The bigger, the bolder, the more detailed it can be the more your mind can create what it is you really want. Look at Walt Disney. Now that man, could imagine! Take 2-3 minutes a day, close your eyes, and just let your mind imagine what you want to create.
- Have you ever had a idea but no plan to turn it into action? This is called organized planning. This is the ability to take an idea, thought or skill and turn it into an actual action plan. This is where coaches were born, I believe. People usually need support in getting it going.
- Yes, No, Maybe so. Are you a procrastinator when it comes to making decisions? Mastering the art of decision making is vital to your success. I always ask my clients, “Does this decision take you closer to your goal or further from it?” This usually helps them decide.
There are 7 other main points in this amazing book but we’ll pick up on those next week. Until then, grab this book full of wisdom that will help you hone in on what you want, why you want it and how to go get it.
Did this blog help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below!
Have an outstanding day!!