One of my favorite quotes is by Henry Ford. He says, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t–you’re right.” The question at hand is if you believe that or not. I do.
Let’s use an example to illustrate this point.
If I ask you to think of a round trampoline with a protective netting around it so you won’t fall off – well, you probably thought of a trampoline with the netting and maybe even the last time you saw one or were on one.
This wasn’t meant as a trick. It was mentioned to prove a point. What you think about you bring about.
So how do you manage your mindset to think about the things you want instead of the things you don’t want?
Here are some of the things I do that might help you too.
- Visualize daily the things I do want.
- Journal all the things I am grateful for vs. all the things I don’t have.
- Volunteer with people who are less fortunate so as to remind myself how rich I truly am.
- Look around my life for succcesses, wins and what is right versus what is not right.
- Smile. When you smile you body has to react positively. It is very hard to smile and be really mad at the same time.
There are a few good books that might help your mindset work to it’s maximum capacity.
- The Magic of Thinking Big
- Think and Grow Rich
- The Aladdin Effect
- Excuse Me: Your Life is Waiting
- The Magic
Your brain has no idea about the status of the input it receives, real or not. So, you might as well fill it with what you want. Include your big dreams and goals, affirmations and positive beliefs so that it can output the results you want.
Did this blog help you? If so, it would mean a lot to me if you would share it with others!!! And, share your comments below!
Have an outstanding day!!